Siena has really been pulling out the stops on cuteness lately. I think she can tell that she is close to having some serious competition (not close enough, but that's a conversation for my uterus). She has taken to playing by herself with real purpose. When we're at the pool, she'll shriek out "Memo" (Nemo) as if she's looking for him and then will bounce around saying "boin boin boin" just like Dori on the jelly fish. She gets extra giddy when you join in the fun.
Yesterday, however, she just about smothered me with cuteness. I took her to the pool and then brought her home with the intent that she would fall asleep around 2 and then I could go to my doctor's appointment unaccompanied since the last visit involved Siena crying...a lot. Siena, however, is trying to give up her nap or something like that. She wouldn't sleep. So I loaded her up and took her with me. Of course, she fell asleep after two minutes in the car and stayed asleep as we got out of the car and up to the doctor's office. That hasn't happened in forever. Luckily, my doctor was running almost an hour behind. (Hey it happens, they're OB's, babies are never on anybody's schedule.) I held her and she slept. She wanted to leave immediately upon waking, but the nice front desk ladies gave her two suckers. We read books in the room and she seemed to be totally calm. Dr. Gravelle came in and listened to the baby's heart beat which was no easy task as the baby is in the appropriate head down position and Siena wanted to sit right over my pelvis. However, heart beat we did hear and Siena got this big huge grin on her face. Okay, I recognize that this isn't smothering with cuteness yet. It's sweet, but not smothering. It got smothering later that evening when Siena and I were sitting downstairs together watching TV. I was watching and she was entertaining herself with various toys and stories. She found a mini mag flashlight that has no batteries in it. She pulled it off the shelf, came at me saying "baby, baby" and then proceeded to try and pull my dress up. I let her see my baby and she placed the flashlight on my tummy, light bulb part down, and smiled, "BABY!" It took me a second but I realized she was listening for the heart beat, so I obliged with fake heart beat noises. And now for the killer part, she finished, walked over and got her hat, and wiped off my tummy, just like the doctor does. Gaa! How sweet can you get?!
Our Dancing Queen
2 months ago

1 comments:
That's AWESOME!! Now just wait till the baby gets to be about 4 or 5 months old and starts doing those baby noises... You know, "mamamama" and "babababa"... and then Siena, all on her own, gets down in the baby's face and says "Mamama" to her. Jonathan does that with James all the time! Or when they hold hands just watching Sesame Street! Talk about smothering with cuteness! It only gets better!
Post a Comment