July is here...it's already the 5th! And Mommy will take over posting today because Siena is on her way south. That's right, we let her go to St. George with Grandma sans Mommy. It's going to be a little bit of a busy week up here in SLC and since Grandma was already up here for the Larsen Family Reunion, we took a little advantage of the babysitting opportunity. Truth be told, I'm a little jealous. I'd like to be on my way to St. George to relax beside a pool and maybe go to the lake. Instead, I'll stay home and clean and work. Maybe I'll start preparing for this baby that will make her entrance soon enough! Nah, I bet I just sleep.
A quick commentary on our June goals...Siena is not potty trained, but she is sleeping in her own bed. She's shown mild interest in the potty, but has really just gotten good at holding it for 3 hours and then releasing as soon as she gets a diaper on. We have gotten her to do both #1 and #2 in the potty though. We'll keep working. As far as sleeping in her own bed, she's done really really well. I know quite a few people who were glad they weren't going to be living with us when we made that adjustment, but it appears that she likes the space sleeping on her own affords. We are still working on sleeping through the night a little bit and there were a couple of nights (not a ton) where Mommy or Daddy spent a few hours sleeping next to her on her own bed. We're just happy with the progress! We might be able to only have one kid in the bed at a time!
Daddy is starting to feel much better as we wait for the kidney stone to pass. We are gratified with the number of people who read our blog! We hadn't made any phone calls to family (yes, even close family!) and were surprised by just how many people contacted us. Thanks for all the advice and well wishing.
The end of June was a little bit of a whirlwind for us. I meant to put out a bigger nod to the Toone family for visiting us. We really didn't think of getting the camera out which was a shame since Jonathan was one of Siena's first "friends". Since Siena shows only mild interest in children her own age we will use the term loosely. It was great to see Jeff and Jen and also meet the newest addition to their family, James. It definitely reminded us just how much we miss our ward family in Monterey, even if most of who went to church with has moved on!
We also got to see Aunt Whitley and Smith and Laine. Aunt Whitley and I are the exact same amount of pregnant. I guess you could say we're in a race...I hope I win! It was so nice to see them, and Aunt Rachel (okay actually Uncle Troy) got some great pictures of all us. Unfortunately, I'm not in love with the pregnant me in photo form so I'll not be sharing any pictures of me! But I'll steal from Rachel's blog and post the two of Siena!

And then of course this Fourth of July weekend was the Larsen Family Reunion...which will have to await it's write up until a little later this week when I will have the need to fill my time up as I miss my daughter incredibly. Also, the camera is downstairs and as I am 35 weeks pregnant I have zero desire to go bring it up here as that would entail a fair amount of walking. So for now, you can wait in suspense!
Miss you, Siena!
Our Dancing Queen
2 months ago

2 comments:
Wow, Sheri, you're a quick blogger! Enjoy your time to yourself and call me if you need anything!
We totally enjoyed seeing you guys!! Jeff kept saying the whole trip how he wished we still lived close together. In his words "They were supposed to be that married couple friends that we stayed friends with and hung out with for FOREVER!" I just reminded him that we can stay friends FOREVER... we just can't hang out as often as we'd like. :D Miss you!
Post a Comment