Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Mommy's Favorite Time of Year

I LOVE SUMMER. Anyone who knows me or has really spent any time around me in the winter knows that I LOVE SUMMER. I would love Phoenix if my family lived there. I enjoy all aspects of summer. I love walking outside and having the sunshine warm you almost instantly. No need for a coat. I love summer clothes. Simple shirt and simple pants. Less is more. The light feeling of cotton. Most days are sunny and even when they're cloudy it's still blessedly warm and if it rains it normally has thunder and lightening with it. I even love getting into a hot car. I love the A/C in my car, granted, but I would much rather get into a baking car than a freezing one.

My favorite months of the year are June, July, August and September. In SLC, I only really love July and August and maybe September. It's not summer until it's at least 90 degrees outside. I spend a lot of time frustrated by the weather in May and June in northern Utah.

I get all happy and bubbly at just the thought of the smell of sunscreen. And now that I'm a Mom, I love taking Siena swimming. It's so awesome to not have to worry about her being too cold. Jumping around in a swimsuit and getting all tuckered out from the sun...HEAVEN. I know that it's not very PC, but I also love seeing her little tan lines. All kids should be brown by September. Oh and as kid...NIGHT GAMES. You can't do night games in winter. One, because it would be kind of cold and two, because you also normally are in school and any playing with friends all occurs before 5:00pm.

Sitting outside at 8:00pm with the sun just barely showing signs of setting. Fireworks on the 4th of July. Seriously. I am just giddy thinking about it all.

I've had many people express their sympathies for me having a due date in August. A typical response to my due date always includes "oh you have to make it through July!" Well July is here and I'm at the end of my pregnancy and I STILL LOVE SUMMER. I think I might be a little more heat sensitive, but I love the heat. I think I might actually be a more miserable pregnant lady with a due date in January or February!

This IS the best time of the year.

1 comments:

Jen said...

You are so cute! I love that you love summer! I love it too, just not on that level! Your love of summer is contagious!