I know why this is Mommy's favorite time of year. All we do is PLAY!! On Wednesday, we were lucky enough to catch Grandpa on a day when it was too hot to climb (or he probably couldn't get a partner!) and he offered to go to Zion with us. He picked his favorite swimming hole to show us! We loved it and were a little bit bummed that we didn't have the place to ourselves but what do you do? It's summer in Zion.
We hiked just a small ways in and then got to play in the stream. I was very excited to find out what a pollywog was until I saw how many of them there were and Grandpa tried to get me to hold one. Pollywogs are baby frogs and they were everywhere and gross and slimy. Cara was brave enough to hold one but I wouldn't even TOUCH it. Blegh. I screamed when Mommy was trying to insist.
However, when we arrived at the swimming hole, I LOVED IT. There was deep water for Grandpa and Mommy to jump into and then for me to test out my swimming skills. Oh and we got to hike up a little further to a waterfall that you could use as a slide. I enjoyed that very much but Mommy lacked some grace going in!
It was an enjoyable 3 hours with Grandpa and I hope we go back!

0 comments:
Post a Comment