Guest post by Mommy:
While the Preslars were with us, Pete and I were able to sneak away to my 10 year high school reunion. I'm such a young un' in so many ways, but 10 years since high school seems crazy!
It was pretty interesting to reconnect with my class. We weren't a very big class at 363 or so, but I was really surprised at the people's names I couldn't remember and that I didn't even RECOGNIZE some of them. Luckily, many of my good friends were there and we had an enjoyable evening breaking into the rest of the high school and scoping out our old stomping grounds. The school has been remodeled and so it was interesting to see what had changed, but some parts are exactly the same.
The thing I wasn't entirely prepared for was that I didn't feel different. It was like it was 10 years earlier and I was hanging out with my friends. We all looked just about the same with the difference of maybe hairstyles and of course our bodies had morphed a bit since most of us had an average of 2 kids, but really not even then! (I'll lie and say I'm exactly the same size I was when I graduated!)
It was also gratifying to find out so many people remembered me and took the time to say hello. I loved high school. I was a happy teenager. Of course my days were filled with the typical high school drama surrounding boys and misunderstandings between girls, but if you told me I could go back for a month...I would! Maybe not go back and do the whole thing over...I do love where I am now, but I would certainly like the chance to be a senior walking the halls at PVHS with my class for even a day one more time.
 |
| A pretty good turn out! |
 |
| We were the first in line to take silly pictures! |
 |
| It's been fun being in same ward with Iva! |
2 comments:
I think you said things very well. I, too, enjoyed high school, and, while I wouldn't want to do the whole thing over, a day or two as a senior again would be nice. :)
10 years... That's it? Sheesh, you are a young 'un! My 10 year reunion from COLLEGE is next year! So funny how your reunion was so different from mine! Most of the people at my reunion were still single and very, very few had children. Ours met at a bar, not the high school. And I, unfortunately, felt just like I did at high school. Hardly anyone talked to Jeff and I, I felt like the most uncool, outcast on the planet, and I was super glad to get out of there! I'm totally envious of people who had good high school experiences and who loved it. I hated high school - and incidentally, so did Jeff. Now college is another story! I'd go back and relive a day or a week there for sure!
Post a Comment