That's right. The little booger is a year and a half old. And boy she is changing. She follows me every where and wants to do everything that I do and always wants the same toy and screams louder than me so she always gets it and I have to be the "big" girl. Well guess what? I think 18 months old is plenty big enough and that she should have to start sharing with me! Ah. She may fight with me but in truth I love her and wouldn't want to spend a day without her.
I better make a list of things of why Cara is so awesome to help get us through the tantrums.
-Her favorite thing to do in the world is read books. You read them or she'll read them. Doesn't matter.
-Her favorite book is "Hop on Pop" and she does a pretty good job of reading it to herself. She calls it "Pappuppop" because of the last page with the tongue twister thingy on it. She can tell you at least one word on every page without prompting.
-Gosh, she is a talker. She will repeat anybody's name. Mommy loves to hear her say my name because it's "Sena" and she says her own as "Cawa". She use lots of full sentences. "I wan samwich" or "I wan some" (Do you think she likes to eat?) She also calls quesadillas "pizza" . Other sentences include "Go tha way" or "No, this way". She really has hang of the "I want". She loves to ask to swing or "go on slide".
-Disney Princess fan already, her favorite is Ariel. She calls her by name too. No idea why. She randomly started picking to watch "Little Mermaid".
-Speaking of movies, she is a little bit obsessed with "The Grinch" and still watches it at Grandma's on a regular basis.
-Just picked up on the whole "Prayer Time" thing and will fold her arms and try to say the prayer with Siena.
-Loves to play dress up with me. She wears the Tinker Bell dress and if I'm insisting on wearing a dress for the day, she'll insist on one too. Oh and play tea party. Heck she also loves carrying a purse and baby around. I told you she liked to copy me!
-Definitely more...um "spunky" than me. She throws tantrums publicly..including a little bit of thrashing. All I ever do is cry semi loud. Cara will scream.
-"Papa" or sometimes "Gampa" is always a favorite but she finally started saying "Gamma" too.
-and this child LOVES to be outside and to play with doggies. She will lay on Gabby and play with her ears and kiss her. And whenever we walk in Grandma's house, Beanie starts to bark in her kennel because she knows Cara will come find her and give her a treat. Roxie also never gets bored with Cara around. Cara tries so hard to throw the ball for her!
-And last but not least, Mommy is so proud of her for being so good at bed time. Generally Mommy can just tell her that it is bedtime and take her and a little stuffed doggie and lay them down in the crib and Cara just lies down quietly and falls asleep. We're working on having her sleep on the pink trundle bed in my room which hasn't been as easy but for now Mommy just moves her there after she is asleep!
Oh and Cara still doesn't have much hair but we're trying and sometimes we get it in an awesome mohawk thing. It is apparently all the rage and lots of people do their hair like this.
Our Dancing Queen
2 months ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment