Wednesday, February 2, 2011

It needs to be posted...

Guest post by Mommy:

Do you know what we played at our house today? Well as I was preparing a cake for my first ever mutual night as the new 1st counselor of the YW in my ward (I'm petrified by the way...I want to stay in nursery), I overheard these phrases coming from Siena.

"We need to build a ship"
"Here's the Liahona, what does it say?"
quietly whispered in a hunched position Siena said her nighttime prayers
"Nephi, we made it to the promised land!"
"It's raining, get in the ship!"
"The baby hasn't eaten anything in three days."

I walked over to Siena and she was pretending to saw and hammer a ship together. And when I asked if I could play she told me I could be Nephi, she would be Sam and that Cara was Jacob.

That's right folks, she was playing "Journey to the Promised Land". Say what you want about those Living Scriptures DVDs but I love them. My girls beg for the movie Nephi, specifically the Promised Land one. Actually Cara begs for what sounds more like "Firefly" a word she loves. I swear I learned all my scriptures stories from those movies and I will be showing them all to my girls. (Thanks goes to Grandma for being suckered in to buying the whole collection!) The thing I love most about Siena and them though is that she is paying attention to tiny details such as when I tried to make this gold ball our Liahona she told me it was missing the clock part referring to it's spinning hands. Sniff. I was really really proud.

0 comments: