Sunday, February 13, 2011

Caves n stuff...

Yesterday we had an amazing Saturday. Mommy and Daddy didn't cross a single thing off their to do lists except have fun with us girlies! That's not true, Mommy and Daddy both took turns exercising (one did Zumba and the other a 10 mile run...I'll let you pick who you think did which) and Mommy did some laundry. Then we went for a picnic lunch at the park again. The park is always fun but then Grandpa called and he wanted to go take us on a little hike into the red rocks. So we quickly finished up at the park and headed to Uncle Eric's game to rendezvous with the family.

We got up on to the infamous Red Hill before Grandma and Grandpa and did a little practice hiking around. We also had to take pictures of the new hair do for Cara...you wouldn't think she had enough hair but it turns out that she barely does. Anyway, the hiking was fun but when Grandpa got there it got exciting. He showed us that there were all these little caves and arches and narrows. We had so much fun hiding in all the caves!







Plus Cara figured out how to crawl through this tiny hole all on her own. She did it with all these rocks in the way and then Grandma moved it and I went back and tried it too.





Grandpa, Mommy and I were the only ones brave enough to go through the "Narrows". Actually, first we found a different little narrows and Daddy did that one.







And then we ended the evening with a nice soak in Grandma and Grandpa's hot tub. Plus we got to talk to one of Uncle Marty's friends who came home from his mission. This friend was lucky enough to get to be Uncle Marty's companion for 3 months! We talked his ear off and it felt a little bit like having Uncle Marty home.

2 comments:

KelliAnn Christensen said...

I don't know if you will believe this, but we actually went to the Red Hill Saturday, too! (There were tons of people there; it was a perfect day.) We didn't go through the crack, but we hiked around all the other "usual" stuff. Kaitlyn had a blast. And neither Will or I did any additional exercise, so good job.

Jen said...

How fun! I love Saturdays where we just hang together and give the "To Do List" the cold shoulder. ;) I'm guessing Pete did Zumba.... j/k! Don't you love it? I've started doing it too and I think it's so fun! I love Cara's new do. So cute!