Sunday, February 27, 2011

Oh Heaven Help Me and Other Stuff.....

Guest Post by Mommy:

I really should post about what I need the help of heaven for first but I'm going to give kudos to my hubby. Yesterday, Pete ran another half marathon! I'm so proud of him especially considering he spent most of last week in the fetal position with an illness that hung in there for almost a straight week. But run he did in the cold freezing windy drizzle that was our Saturday. And he lived! He was even upright for most of the day. Although his judgement might have been impaired but more on that later.

Siena enjoyed waiting at the finish line and cheering every one on. Of course every man was her Daddy until they got close enough and she would laugh.."that's not my Daddy!" She also cheered extra loud for all the "ladies". "Look mom, there's another lady!"





Now to the confessional part of this post....My name is Sheri and I'm a big spender. At least this week! I started off small, I bought a new duvet cover and a thinner down alternative comforter. Then it stemmed in to us getting a new dishwasher to be delivered tomorrow. And yesterday it exploded and we are now the owners of this.

I'm not kidding. Yes. We are the owners of a 2011 Toyota Prius in their custom pearly-white that costs you an extra 220 bucks. (We didn't necessarily spring for the color, it was just which one was available.) AAAAGGGHHH! We haven't had a car payment for the last year and I was getting used to the extra spending money! It's a good thing we already own a home or I'd be buying one today.

Seriously though, Pete and I LOVE our new car. We didn't get the fanciest one, seeing as how that is 32,000 smackaroons to have the solar roof that powers the ventilation fan that keeps the inside of your car the same temp as the outside and can power the remote start A/C but we finally have our keyless entry that we've been dreaming about and the push button start! We'll post pictures of our "Mozzy" (named for his white color and cheese (Mozzarella) wedge appearance) later but it's just too dang cold and dreary today.

Hello new car! Good bye frequent Target trips!

4 comments:

Kurtis and Iva said...

Jealous of your car! But alas... our family would not fit!

Jen said...

Nice car! I love getting new cars! So now you guys have two cars? Or did you trade in the old one? If it's the former... welcome to the world of a two car family! ;)

Sheri said...

We still have our old car but she is on her way out. We opted to sell her on our own but couldn't do so until we had the new car!

Ken, Julia, Rue, & Atlas too! said...

Great car name! What a great week to say the least, but alas, the shopping trips come to an end. So happy for you, can't wait to meet "Mozzy".