Wednesday, March 31, 2010

It has been eight months!!

Cara here. Eight months ago, I made my grand entrance into this world. I was kind of small to begin with and I'm still pretty small. Based on the Baby Stats on Wii Fit, I have barely broken the 16 pound mark. Big sister Siena, was 17lbs 11 oz...at her SIX month appointment. However, I have not been spared the baby rolls. I have plenty of chunk on my cheeks, thighs, arms, bum, you name it, there's a roll there. See:


Now let's get on to the fun part, talking about me and what I'm doing now.
-I can crawl...it may not look pretty all the time. I don't like to rub my knees on the ground, so I do this knee, foot, foot, knee thing. It looks like I'm trying to just stand up and walk. I'm quick though.
-You can't leave me alone in a room. If it's dangerous, I will go for it. Apparently, Siena had no interest in putting strange objects in her mouth. I am of the "if I can pick it up, it is edible" class. Sand is tasty. I like that by the fistful.
-I also pull myself up to standing on anything that doesn't move on me. I can cruise around the furniture and walls. Seriously...you can't leave me alone in a room anymore.
-I'm still pretty adventurous in the flavor department but my favorite is bananas. If I see a banana on the counter, I start reaching for it and jabbering. Anything Mommy or Daddy or Grandma or Grandpa has is fair game for me...and I WANT it.
-I have figured out the magic of a straw. I'm not always good at it and I get surprised by the fluid coming in to my mouth too quickly but I like it.
-The joy of talking is coming in to my radar. I have really discovered that I have a voice and like to shriek and yammer and occasionally say things like "yeah" and "hi". I really have only said Mama still but I like to hear myself. I also like to babble when Siena is talking or playing a game.
-I have also been known to clap my hands on the occasion. I mostly use my delightful hands to fist small items such as peas and cheerios in to my mouth. However, I love to use my arms and splash in the water. In the tub or on a step in the pool, I just go nuts.
-One of my favorite people in the whole world is Grandpa. If he walks in to a room, I just light up.
-Still no sleeping through the night. Oh well, maybe next month. I have been sick basically the entire eighth month of my life. Nothing but congestion and non stop goopy nose. Makes for difficult night times.
And we couldn't let this blog post end without a couple of clothed pictures of me.


Oh and we had to throw in the video proof of my mobility.

1 comments:

Adam said...

She is so cute! And so advanced! Rosey could sit on her, and that's about it. Can't wait to see her again....and Siena too!
-whit