Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The Joy of Me...

Well if you notice my ticker to the right here, I am 2 and a half years old here in a few days. I think that's reason enough to post a blog all about me and my accomplishments again. Right?

Let's see, some wonderful things about me at two and a half years of age....

-I am really getting the hang of this whole language thing. I speak in full sentences combined with a little of Siena-ese. Even Mommy looks for translations some times.
-I still know my ABCs but only just recently got really good at singing the song. I leave out the occasional set of letters but I'm really not bad.
-My favorite song however was until just recently "There Was An Old Lady Who Swallowed A Fly". Mommy still hasn't forgiven Daddy for teaching me that song since I would INSIST upon that being the bed time song. That takes a long time. (Good for me not for Mommy!)
-I can follow what's going on in most kid-friendly movies and even laugh at the funny parts. As most kids do, I also have an insane ability to watch the same movie over and over again and then somehow relate it to my daily activities. Such as suddenly shouting out "The Baby is Coming" and "Peaches" in public places. Good thing Mommy is no longer pregnant.
-I show only minor interest in dressing myself. So far Mommy has been spared the forty changes of clothing in a day. I show absolutely zero interest in undressing myself.
-As far as food goes I love fruit snacks, yogurt, apples, bananas, chips, soda, noodles, peanut butter, butter on toast, cereal-sometimes the grown up kinds like Honey Bunches of Oats are the only thing I'll eat, granola bars, quesadillas, and of course french fries and chicken...doesn't have to be a nugget.
-I love to play outside at the park and dig in the dirt.
-I am my Daddy's child. I'm a cautious little bugger. I don't want to fall and ask for Mommy's help if I just don't trust it. (For the record, Cara would jump out of a plane.) I don't try stuff at the park if it looks at all like I can't do it...for the most part. Some things I don't realize I can't do it until too late.
-I love my sister. I like to sit and play with her and make her laugh and give her hugs and try and share my food with her.
-Oh! I am also getting really good at playing pretend. Mommy loves to come down and find me involved in some elaborate story of my own making.

Here I am enjoying spring in St. George on my favorite thing in the backyard that's working. (The pool is currently out of commission...well I guess the hot tub part is working just fine...)


Grandpa was appeasing me this morning when Mommy was talking about needing to do something lame like showering after her workout...

And then later today, Grandpa even let me dig in the dirt and help him plant sunflower seeds. How lucky am I?


And here is a good lookin' hair do for a two and a half year old:

1 comments:

KelliAnn Christensen said...

I love these kinds of posts. :) And just wait--the forty outfits (at least!) a day has got to be coming!