I am having another great week in shopping. I'm getting that high from saving. So I've really been trying to limit myself to a weekly budget and only go to the store once a week. It went great for three weeks, but then I let my fridge get down to the bare bones and my pantry also because we went to St. George for a week. I "binged" there and spent too much money at Target on things that I really did need, but still. And then I came back and "needed" to restock. Again way too much money spent at Target. But then I saw the weekly ads for Albertsons. Sigh. More money! But this time I was at least not spending as much as it really should cost. Check out the photo (please disregard my obvious lack of nutritional sense):
Retail Value: $60
Paid at the register: $26
Savings: $34 (more than 50%!!!!!)
Plus I am mailing in a $10 dollar rebate form for Kellogg's. YEAH! So of course, then I was addicted. The thing is this. Right now select Kellogg's cereals are on sale at Albertson's for $2.50, but if you buy 10, Kellogg's gives you an automatic $10 dollar rebate at the register (nothing to mail in) making the actual cost $1.50 each. It's not just cereal, but those are the most expensive items that are part of the deal. Well I went back today and bought 10 more boxes of cereal plus some other things that were on sale. So today's batch (no picture) was:
Retail Value: $63
Paid at the register: $27
Savings: $36 (again more than 50%!!!!)
Sadly, I really shouldn't have spent the money, but now we are stocked with 18 boxes of cereal! And some yummy cookies and chips and soda and yogurt...mmmmmmm
Our Dancing Queen
2 months ago

2 comments:
AWESOME! I miss Albertson's.... :( Savemart sucks! No good deals at Savemart. I went there today to try and find maple flavoring for maple syrup (i make it since it's easy and cheap) and they didn't have it. Seriously! grrr.... Now you've got a 90 day food storage for breakfast food anyway. :) Good job!
You are weird Sheri.
Post a Comment