Sunday, August 9, 2009

The Zoo and More

Hey everybody! Cara is now 9 days old and still cute. Aunt Angie and Uncle Marty came up and visited us. It was so much fun. Aunt Angie brought me markers that color on windows and we had a lot of fun making the door downstairs pretty! We also went to the zoo with them. It was unusually chilly for August and we went in the morning which worked out so whoever was carrying baby sister wasn't so hot. Aunt Angie was cold though. COLD in August. Storms do weird things. The pictures we have of the zoo aren't too awesome, because the sun was just so bright on us. And if you notice the scowl on my face...I hate that fake elephant, he makes loud noises. I think Aunt Angie has all the good pictures on her camera.

In today news, Cara went to church for the first time today. Mommy was excited to get us all dressed up for church and so she thought that 9 days old was old enough! Bishop Tagge "sent" Mommy home after the second hour. Lucky me! We only have one car and so I got to go home early too! Of course this was another photo op! Aunt Angie painted Cara's toes while she was here. So precious! I love to hold my sister. She's so pretty.



In news about me, I continue to say things that my parents actually understand! I also continue to crack them up everyday.
A few phrases that are priceless and need to be documented:
-"Mmmm, 'smack lips', it's good" said whenever she drinks something yummy (or when she eats the dirt under the swing)
-"Thank you, thank you much" which is always said appropriately. So polite
-"I hungry" not always said when she's hungry, Rolly says this on 101 Dalmations...she's playing pretend
- "See ya later" and she means it. Normally, she's trying to open the garage door as she says it
-"It's pretty" and we have a girl...not too girlie but on her way
-"Ta Da" said with real flair and anytime she thinks she's done something impressive such as put on a hat or color on the window
-"Peter" self explanatory if you know her Daddy's name. She will say this if Daddy said twice didn't get the proper reaction

I'm also really trying to say Cara's name. Sometimes it comes out right other times it sounds more like color. I do however say "sister" and do the sign for girl in ASL. I refuse to do this on camera despite repeated attempts to capture it. I also know the entire alphabet by sight including upper and lower case letters. This too proves elusive to the camera. Test me some time!

1 comments:

Jen said...

So cute! We brought James to church at 11 days old. We also got "sent" home after sacrament... LOL! Aren't they just so fun? Just be careful not to do too much too soon.... I jumped right back in and that turned out a bit of a mistake (physically it was fine... emotionally... that's something different :D). We miss you guys! You'll have to see if you can work out a visit in September/October when it's cold there and gorgeous here!