Guest post by Mommy:
In homage to my good friend Heidi from high school, I decided to post about incredible savings at the grocery store. She routinely makes me green with envy regarding her dedication to sales and coupons in regards to food. However, today I feel redeemed! I did good!
Pictured above:
7 boxes of cereal
2 boxes of Pop Tarts
2 boxes of Special K cereal bars
1 thing of donut holes (actually left out of photo inadvertently)
8 boxes of Mac N Cheese
6 boxes of different variety crackers
3 blocks of cheese
2 packages of deli meat
Retail value at Albertson's (which we know is slightly higher than say Wal-Mart): $102.55
Price paid at the register: $53.31
In Store Savings: $49.24
As a bonus: $5 dollar coupon for future store visit and a $20 mail in rebate! There was also another $10 rebate but both require an original store receipt. Oh well.
So in conclusion, I bought 31 normally ridiculously priced items for a grand total of $33.31...28.31 if you take out the $5 dollar coupon also. That's about a dollar an item! I feel great about me right now. I wish I could do this well every time I went. But alas, I am not a great coupon shopper.
Our Dancing Queen
2 months ago

1 comments:
Good job! I'm envious! I try but never quite succeed in catching all that good stuff!
Post a Comment