Sunday, August 23, 2009

150 POSTS!

I apologize on behalf of my Mommy. We haven't posted in a week because she was daunted by the thought of her 150th post. It needed to be something worth blogging about and since our days are spent trying to find clothes to wear everyday and trying to recover from having a newborn baby, things to blog about were escaping Mommy. She's in a funk. Her maternity clothes look too big and stretched out and her before clothes look too tight and show off her blobby figure. Very frustrating. She's taken to wearing the same 3 shirts over and over again. Gah! Also why are all toddler foods crumby? And I mean that in the sense that Mommy screams about the need to vacuum the floor everyday.

MOVING ON. There have actually been plenty of things to blog about. Oma and Apa have come in from Belgium to see their new grandbabies! I neglected to tell you about my newest cousin that was born only 3 days after Cara. Rosie was on born on Monday August 3. She lives in California so we haven't had the pleasure of meeting yet, but that makes THREE new little girls for Oma and Apa to meet. They got to meet Rosie this weekend but we get to hang out with them all this week! In the picture, you can see that I'm straining to get away from Oma. Don't worry. I quickly warmed up. We just had to sing Popcorn Popping.


And then on Friday, my cousin Romney turned 4. We had a delightful party at her house. There were lots of rambunctious boys there and so I didn't get in the pool. But I actually played with others and by myself and didn't stay on Mom's lap the whole time. PROGRESS!

Finally, in little sister news. I continue to love Cara. I love to hold her and insist on having my picture taken when I do so. We have an interesting series of photos of me learning to be soft.




And in this video, you get a little bit of a sense of my babbling. I talk all the time. Sometimes in phrases you can understand, but mostly in Sienese which actually we probably shouldn't call it that since that's what the residents of Siena, Italy are called, but I like it. Also at the end, I am singing to Cara. Mommy tried to capture me saying "So Sweet" which I do when I kiss Cara, but I don't perform on demand.

2 comments:

Jen said...

So cute! "Sienese" sounds a lot like "Jonathanese" LOL!

Rachel said...

I am so glad you caught that video - it's perfect! And the picture of Siena grabbing Cara's face is hilarious. Hilarious assuming Cara still has both her eyes, that is.