Saturday, August 15, 2009

A week with Grandma!

The best part about getting a little sister? All the visitors! Grandma came and spent the week with us. And as a bonus Grandpa and Uncle Eric stayed a couple days also. PLUS Aunt Becca had soccer games up on this end of the state so we got to go to Heber and see Great Grandpa's new puppies (born the same day as Cara!) and Lil' Buck the horsey and jump on their tramp.

I'm also a GREAT cheerleader at soccer games. I say "Go Aunt Cecca" and "Runnin" and what even sounded like "Get her". We're sad that we only saw Aunt Becca for a few minutes here and there but she did get to hold little Cara. We can't wait to go down to St. George and watch the Thunder soccer team again. This time it will be at night and not so hot. :)

While Grandma and Uncle Eric were here we went back to the zoo. Mommy LOVES the zoo. When we lived in Monterey, she LOVED the aquarium. Well the day before Cara was born the zoo had a little baby giraffe and also at the beginning of July they had baby meerkats. We got some great pictures of the baby giraffe and the meerkats. And it turns out the baby elephant that they have been expecting for 22 months (Mommy is so glad she is NOT an elephant) was born the day we were at the zoo. Of course, she wasn't out in the open yet, but we can't wait to see her!




Unfortunately, whenever I spend time with Grandma lately I tend to get a fever. This time Mommy thinks it was a preemptive strike so that Grandma wouldn't take me to St. George without her. So Mommy and Daddy's induction into parents of two is in full swing. Two girls crying. Both only want Momma. And then they both puke on her. YEAH! Parenthood is fun. Luckily, Motrin and Tylenol make me feel better even if it's an epic battle every few hours to get me to swallow the medicine. Mommy hopes I start feeling like my old self quickly. Like Daddy said this morning, "I miss my Siena. She's not herself." Good thing Cara and I are cute!

1 comments:

Jen said...

Ahhhh... I hope Siena gets better soon! And I hope Cara doesn't get sick. Jonathan and James both got the stomach flu when James was two months old. It was miserable as it passed through the whole family! And it was scary to see James get so dehydrated so young. Good luck! Two crying babies is no fun!