Sunday, May 24, 2015

The Last Week of School!

It finally came. The last week of school. I was kind of sad, but mom kept bouncing up and down over the idea that it was summer so it was hard not to be excited too.


On Monday, it was cold and rainy. However, the school had scheduled the fire trucks to come and spray us down and let us play so we just ran with it. I was one of the brave ones who played in the water quite extensively!



On Tuesday, I was given the Panorama Achiever Medal. I had to do eight things that were above and beyond my normal school work. Only 39 students in the school did it!


On Wednesday, my wonderful teacher, Mrs. Seegmiller, had us walk the Red Carpet in her class room. I got the "Role Model Award". 


Then Thursday was the big day. The last day of school. My final day in first grade. I wore all black to mourn the loss. I wish I could stay in Mrs. Seegmiller's class forever!


Despite the fact that it was still kind of cool and rainy, we had our end of the year water fight in our neighborhood!


AND we decided it was just warm enough to go celebrate the opening of the St. George City Pool. This might have been our third or FOURTH year in a row going on opening day!






Now hopefully our summer weather will show up next week and we can all get sunburnt and bleached hair and exhausted from all the swimming!

0 comments: