Monday, May 11, 2015

Iva is 18 months old...going on 5.

Guest post by Mom:

I think I might have to claim that three children keeps me WAY too busy to blog. However, that's not the truth. It's clearly not made the top of my priority list. I have never been great at documenting my children's milestones anyway, but I really should be better about trying to remember them at their current ages.

So let's start with Iva. She finally hit 18 months. I love having her as a baby, but she's been a toddler for quite sometime now. She went from not really being that verbal to talking up a storm and that seems to be increasing exponentially.

She is 24 lbs and 31 inches tall. That puts her in the 54% and the 31% respectively. That means in the last 9 months she has dropped 21% on her weight! She's still pretty soft and squishy, but that's what happens when you are heavier than you are tall! It's adorable though and it makes for the cuddliest kid ever.

She loves to give hugs and head bonks. She waves to everyone. If Cara, especially, is crying or upset, Iva will drop everything and try and hug her. She even pats Cara's back. Siena must not cry as often, although, Cara and Iva spend more time together. They play a lot during the day and Siena is kind of the bossy older sister.

Iva loves to dance. If she can here music, she will wiggle her hips and move her head. She also sings. She's still wildly obsessed with Signing Time and so she frequently tries to sing those songs.

Recently, she has gotten very into stuffed animals and tries to carry all of them at the same time. She doesn't respond well when she has reached her physical capacity and will cry and scream that she can't carry them. It's frustrating to watch and try and explain why it's not working!

Iva has ten teeth. You would think that would mean they are evenly distributed, but you would be wrong. She has her four front top teeth and a molar each on the top back, but on bottom she has three front teeth (the left side getting the extra tooth) and the left bottom molar has just broken through. I'm sure her matching teeth aren't too far behind but it does make me giggle.

I don't think I can possibly list the words and phrases that Iva knows. She adores Signing Time so she easily can identify something like 25 animals by name and sign. It's a crack up. My favorite phrases of hers lately though have been "Bless you" which is said each and every time someone sneezes and " Pete". She just discovered her dad's name and tries to use it when she wants his attention. Both of those phrases crack me up. I have no idea how she picked up on bless you. We don't sneeze THAT much.

Physically she's getting better control of what and how she climbs on things. She can play on certain playground equipment all by herself and I don't have to hold my breath each and every moment. She loves to kick balls and pretend she's playing soccer.

She's in the process of figuring out a one nap a day system. Iva has never been a long napper. 45 minutes to an hour was her longest nap which meant she's still been taking two naps a day because she needs the rest! However, we were having an ugly couple of weeks where she wasn't going to bed until almost 10 and it was driving the Mom and Dad CRAZY. Luckily, this week she has started recovering from an ear infection and has started to transition to a more reasonable bed time.

Good grief, she's cute. We still are rocking only the mullet on her. Long hair in the back, but nothing on top. Luckily, piggy tails are really starting to work well!

Oh and how could I forget to mention how much she loves to play in water! We have started to spend more time at Summit's (the gym where I work) pool and it has this lovely kiddy pool that has a sectioned off area that is only 18 inches deep. It's perfect! Iva jumps around and plays and tries to float and is getting very brave. She can still fall over and not get back up on her own so I have to keep close tabs, but it's so much fun to watch her get braver!


0 comments: