The weekend that Cara graduated from preschool was supposed to be this awesome multi family camping trip to Moab, but the weather during May has been HORRIBLY uncooperative. It has been rainy and cloudy and cool EVERY SINGLE WEEKEND. Except the weekend of the 70.3 Ironman. Then it was 90 degrees. Anyway, at the last minute Dad decided to go on the campout anyway and planned to just sleep in the back of Mozzy. To his surprise, I was very disappointed that I wasn't getting to go so he let me join up!
We headed out after work on Friday. Just him and me. And our camping gear. We were prepared for rain, but we also brought a tent just in case. We were planning on meeting his friends, Braden, Steph and their daughter Emery, and Greg, just outside of Goblin Valley State Park.
The weekend did NOT disappoint. It was great! We slept in Mozzy the first night and looked at the stars. It was a little cool in the morning, but no rain and there was sunshine!
We went on this awesome hike in a slot canyon. It was a little long for my taste, but according to Dad, I did really well. It took us about 5 hours and involved some strategic maneuvering past water holes.
I may have been carried sometimes...this is Steph. She was awesome. She let me talk her ear off.

There was an awesome fairy house at our camp so I built one too!
Saturday night, Dad and I actually set up the tent and the other group packed up and left so we were truly all alone. I slept really hard once we hit the sack. I was tired. The next day he took me into Goblin Valley and let me check out all the neat rock formations. This was my favorite part!
We may have stopped at Denny's on our way home, but it was well earned. I can't wait to go back even though it was quite a drive.
Mom entertained Iva and Cara back at home. Apparently they just hung around, but had fun anyway!














0 comments:
Post a Comment