Wednesday, July 9, 2014

The Larsen Family Reunion!!

We made it up to Midway and checked into our condos with the rest of the Gordon Larsen clan...you know all the usual suspects that we hang out with.

Luckily Grandpa got a photo of Iva in her cute get up because Mom sure didn't!

COUSINS!

We loaded back into the cars and headed to Double Grandma and Grandpa's pad to let the festivities begin. There was eating and lots of visiting.


Last year these three girlies were all still in their mommas' bellies! I think they are related...no one has hardly any hair!


Grandpa hitched up the pony cart for us! Boden even got to drive!


We stayed clear until the fireworks show on Memorial Hill which was impressive, but not as impressive as the large brush fires that started! They were very distracting!



The next day almost everybody headed off to the Uintas for a Larsen Family back packing extravaganza. There 25 people going! Iva and Mommy stayed back with Grandma and Marty and Hailey and the boys. We hung out with Double Grandma and Grandpa for a little bit before heading down the mountain to take the twins to the zoo!




I LOVED BACKPACKING. Or at least I loved the part when we got to camp. I played my heart out with Sophia, Savannah, Josie, Boden, Jett and Gideon. We hunted for salamanders and made dirt tacos. Don't forget the delicious smores!













You might notice in this last photo my smile looks a bit pained. Indeed I had been crying, but in my defense I had a pretty dang good reason for it. While Grandpa was doing some climbing, I was playing on the rocks below with my dad and Uncle Eric. Cara was there too. Well there was this AWESOME HUGE boulder that I just had to see if I could get on top. Now it was sheer on three sides so my dad really thought there was no way I could get up it. Turns out he was partially wrong. In about two minutes all three adults thought about checking on me but nobody said anything because they thought I wouldn't go high. NOPE. To their horror, some lady climbing above them suddenly yelled "HEY! Somebody help that kid!" which was quickly followed by my screaming. Uncle Eric got to me, not on the rock, but in the rocks below it. I had fallen head first. He fully expected me to be bleeding from my head at the very least. Dad was pretty sure something was going to be broken or that we would be visiting the ER at least. THANKFULLY none of those things happened. I am scraped up on my torso and arm and we have discovered that my noggin is a bit sore and bruised, but that's it. Not one bandaid needed. I cried a fair amount and kind of kept weeping for the rest of the hike out, but really can you blame me?

0 comments: