Guest post by Mommy:
We have just returned today from a glorious trip with Pete's parents, his siblings and their respective spouses. No children for 5 nights and most of 6 days. We missed them terribly by the end (well at least most of us!) but it was wonderful to explore the Washington Coast with his family. It has been many years since they were together as their original family unit for more than just an evening.
We stayed in Seabrook which is a little planned community off of Pacific Beach, WA. This actually translates into "middle of nowhere" on winding roads next to a cold windy beach. However it was breathtakingly beautiful and had never been explored by anyone in the family. Aside from some little hiccups regarding the eating establishments NOT found on this part of the coast, we relished in each others company, cozy beach houses, and picturesque forests.
We'll spare you a blow-by-blow of each day's activities, since a lot of it was either talking while driving, riding the occasional bike, or bundling up for a breezy sunset on the beach. We did find a warm day at Lake Quinault in which we could sea kayak and sweat, but alas very few pictures were taken at this particular place!
Our Iphone pictures will have to do for now but we promise an updated post (or entirely separate post) of the wonderful pictures taken by fabulous Troy Preslar.
And of course, you can't travel to the Washington coast these days without making the all important stop:
We really did go. And you know what? Forks was a little charming...not quite what I expected and "Twilight"ed to the max. I think every establishment had some sort of angle.
And then we also had to head to LaPush to First Beach....
| Do you notice the bus?! Not the only one of those running around! |
First Beach actually had nothing on Second Beach. Stephenie Meyer might have wanted to visit there again if she went at all because I think everyone would head to Second Beach. Man, it had a beautiful hike thru Washington Rainforest just to get down to it and then the rocks were so pretty! And you could camp right on the beach!
I consider myself privileged and lucky to have married into such a wonderful family. Don't they just look like people you want to know?

1 comments:
What a nice post! And I promise, a photo CD is headed your way asap - I'm still trying to do laundry from the trip!! I miss you!!
Post a Comment