Friday, January 29, 2010

Kids are cute...right?

This is a guest post from Mommy. It's been a rough week for us. Not one night of uninterrupted sleep. I know I have a six month old and so that shouldn't surprise me, but it's been bad this week. So bad that my dad found me out on the couch barely decent in my robe, half asleep, with Cara draped over me. Both girls have been sick with major congestion and coughing fits that make you hold your breath until they start breathing again. Gratefully the coughing fits are few and far between, but the congestion and the constantly runny nose is not only gross but quite sad. When your nursing baby can't eat because of her nose, you just want to cry! Unfortunately the girls would take turns being unbearable during the night. Pete looks like he could use a nap...real bad. Plus I started working this week. I only worked about 10 hours but enough that I felt guilty. Luckily, the girls love their Grandma. (Plus Benadryl for drippy noses makes for easy baby sitting.)

Aside from night time though the girls have been so delightfully cute. Here are a couple of videos. The first one is of Cara shrieking at Beanie at the door. The second one is of Siena in heaven at Costco in display playhouse. She loves it so much that I decided that if I get the house of my dreams, she can have this one.




We also had a surprise visit from Oma and Apa on Sunday evening. It was very nice to see them. Siena even remembered who they were. Which on a side note, Romney and Chase you should know that I have to be careful about telling Siena her last name or "chasing" her because she asks to get in the car and go visit you. She even talks about you Aunt Rachel! Sorry Uncle Troy we're still working on who you are. I am waiting until it's at least warm enough to go to the zoo and then we'll be up!

2 comments:

Larsen's in Wyoming said...

It's a good thing they're cute, with all you have to put up with! It's all worth it. I hope they both start feeling better, and I hope you get your house. Good-Luck

Rachel said...

Oh I miss you guys! That's so sweet about Siena and Romney. Get UP HERE! Well, no, wait. It's too sucky of weather for you yet. I hate when my kids are sick. We've all had it here, all but Emma, and I'm sure she'll be coming down with it any day. RATS.