Friday, January 1, 2010

Cara is 5 months old!

I didn't get to the computer yesterday to post but Cara turned 5 months old. She's still small and young enough that you celebrate the months that have gone by rather than years like me. However, I think we'll devote a little time to me at the end!


Cara had an appointment with doctor on the 17th of December and she has grown as follows:
She is now 23.5 in which puts her in the 12th%...no surprises
She is now 13.8 lbs which puts her in the 39th%...slight surprise there
And her head drum roll....17.1 in which puts her in the 93rd%....SURPRISE. I swear her head doesn't look that big!

She is tiny compared to me! I was already well above the 50th percentile in weight and height when I was her age. She needs some meat on them bones! Check out one of her latest things. I love playing with her now. She's really become a very fun baby. She loves to laugh, can sit up by herself pretty well...she still falls...she definitely works to get things that are out of her reach and loves to chew on breadsticks. We won't talk about sleep because Mommy says she either doesn't want to admit that her baby doesn't sleep at night or doesn't want to brag or break the spell if the baby does!


Now on to me! Mommy wants to make sure she gets some stuff down on "paper" that I'm doing lately. I still continue to amaze Mommy and Daddy. I'm getting really good at actually singing the ABCs..I've known them by sight since I was 18months, but I still can't sing the song! I've gotten a handle on my colors and I'm speaking in lots of full sentences almost over night. I still use my own language at least once a day. The funniest thing that I do is refer to myself as "the witch." At least, they think I'm referring to myself. Maybe it's my imaginary friend. Either way "the witch" gets her turn or is hungry or needs to go to the potty.....Funny stuff.

0 comments: