Thursday, December 8, 2016

Iva the Three Year Old

Guest post by Mom:

It still takes my breath away. Each birthday. Each kid. I thought it might get easier. I was wrong.

Iva at three is even better than Iva at two though. At least I think so. I sure enjoy her now. She's still the most amazing talker. She has been speaking in full sentence for quite some time and she just is so verbose. She grasps advanced topics and tries to tell jokes like her sisters.

She's a bit of a follower. Anything Siena and Cara are doing, she wants to do. If Colt and Carter (the twins!) are doing it, Iva will do it. She's definitely my most spunky child.

On her birthday, she could not be persuaded to open her present. We kind of had to force it on her even though it was another spinny dress which is her ABSOLUTE FAVORITE. We eventually got it on her and she was as pleased as punch.



The daycare at the gym spoiled her with cute little plastic glasses and a candy necklace. Look at her SPUNK!


We also got a crown from Cara's teacher, Mrs. Seegmiller, and I intend to blackmail Iva with this photo some day. I'm sorry. It's graphic and gross, but so so so funny.


We made sure to get her free cupcake at Sweet Tooth Fairy. She hardly ate any, but Mom handled it. HA!



Look at how grown up she is. Fully potty trained, never an accident (until I type this of course), loves to bounce from chair to chair. If you think of the Family Circus cartoons where they show the kids taking a ridiculous path from point A to point B, that's Iva to a T.


She has gotten a little anxious lately which has been a little sad. She will sometimes cry out from the living room with terror because she couldn't see me. She also panics if you seem to be looking behind her and she will RUN to you as if she was being chased.

She likes broccoli and carrots in dip. Any kind of dip. She and Cara dip their apples in ketchup. Gross. I think her favorite food is butter and toast or nutella and toast. It doesn't even have to be toast just bread.

My kids are the worst sleepers. Iva still cries out at night and Pete goes in and sleeps with her for awhile. Sometimes we just pull her into our bed (but more than likely Sam is already there.) We probably just need a king size. It was getting better and then it got worse. I'm sure it has something to do with a growth spurt or something.

I finally got her to the doctor for her 3 year well check. She's pretty average. She weighed 32 lbs and was 36 inches tall. She had on big boots so I think she's probably just 35 inches and only 31 lbs but that's just sixes. Other than if we were going to be doing rides somewhere. Hahaha!

She's such a bright spot and every day I think to myself, everyone should talk to a three year old. They can just make you so happy. (They can also drive you bat eyed CRAZY. She's a walking disaster who is constantly on the verge of killing herself, BUT she's pretty good at listening to me.)



0 comments: