This year Christmas was on a Sunday which meant that there was this awesome Friday night for Christmas Eve Eve where you felt like you had to do something!
We decided we should have a fun special dinner and use our fun dishes. Mom and I had picked this plan early in the afternoon, but by dinner time Mom was exhausted. She had gotten up very early and didn't feel like cooking. She wanted to go pick up Panda Express on the way home, but I was insistent that we do spaghetti like we had talked about. We actually got in a fight about it at Grandma's house. I was crying and Mom was frustrated and Grandma just felt bad for everybody. I was only crying because Mom wasn't sticking to the plan and was kind of making me feel bad about it. (Which I think made Mom feel even more tired and feel bad also!) Dad was kind of stuck in the middle. I don't think anyone really knew what the right thing to do was.
We ended up making spaghetti at home like had planned, but Dad swung by Harmon's and grabbed us some garlic bread which I think cheered everyone up.
We also talked Mom and Dad into letting us use their tub for a giant bath. Sam still doesn't love bubbles. They seem to make him nervous and he was a slippery, falling mess the whole time. The bath didn't last long because of it.
As a side note, Mom was spoiled by the members of her gym. They are very sweet and generous to her with little treats and some money even!


0 comments:
Post a Comment