Leading up to Christmas, I think, as a kid is much more magical. My mom still had to work and do grown up things. She tried really hard to make sure we did special Christmasy things like having hot chocolate whenever possible, but it's still hard. For example, we had our class parties for school on the same day as our dentist appointments. Not so much fun!
Mom is the room mom for Cara's class so she always helps in there. Which means, of course, that we don't have any pictures from my party, but a few of Cara's!
There was this awesome game of ring toss on the reindeer antlers! Even Iva wanted a turn!
After school, we promptly went over to the dentist office. Cara and I love the dentist. So much. We were very excited that we got to go a little early. Iva, however, is still quite scared of the dentist. When we arrived, she kept telling Mom that she was going to have her teeth counted later. But not today. She kept shaking her head and saying it so matter of factly. She kind of clung to Mom which was super fun considering she also had Sam clinging to her. Cara and I had our X-rays done and our cleanings before they even attempted doing something for Iva, but her turn came. She started panicking a little and started to cry pretty loud, but Mom got her squared away and showed her how awesome the movie was. Once she kind of figured out the whole watching a show thing, she even let them do X-rays! It was amazing and awesome and we are so proud of her.
The one bummer thing was that I had a couple of cavities. They even decided to give me a silver tooth. I was brave about it though and handled the dental work like a champ!

0 comments:
Post a Comment