Guest post by Mommy:
We've been keeping a very large social media secret which meant we've been keeping it a secret from our blog. It's time the story was documented now that our big news is out.
That scrabble board was how we chose to tell the majority of Pete's family. But let's back up. Once my Disneyland annual pass expired, Pete and I agreed that it was time to expand our family. We honestly meant to put a gap in between our second and third children and our Disney passes just happened to coincide perfectly.
We knew we were pregnant right away. The day I missed my period. But we kept it a secret. Just the two of us. I purposely scheduled my first OB appt out at when I would be 12 weeks. I ended up having to expose us to a few people, namely my two friends who went to Disneyland with me and my sister in law Rachel because we were planning something at the end of October and I wanted her to know that I was fully aware of what I was planning. I also spilled the beans to Becca because it was fun to make her a co conspirator. We didn't tell our girls AT ALL. We referred to "The Colonel" any time we were discussing the growing embryo.
So early in May, I packed the girls up and took them with me to our family doc, Dr. Clark. I told them he had a secret to tell them. He tried telling them at the beginning of the appt but they didn't believe him so we went and did an ultra sound. Siena was SO EXCITED. Cara kept saying out loud and over and over I'm sure to reassure herself "but we're still you're kids, right?"
I then took my ultra sound pictures home and slipped it in to a picture frame at my parents' house and waited for someone to notice. It used to contain an ultra sound of my brother's twins. It didn't take long for Hailey (the mom of the twins) to notice the swap and I fessed up after trying to make it seem like it wasn't me.
We sent this little video to Pete's family.
And then we kind of just kept "keeping the secret". Soon we were close enough to when I could find out what I was having so we kept delaying a wide spread announcement. If you were around me, you knew though. My belly was popping out. Although currently the only belly shot I have is from 12 weeks and when I was in work out gear...
![]() |
| So sexy.... |
I never lied if someone asked me out right whether I was pregnant, but it was fun making people wonder! I also kept my ultra sound appointment a secret from my family. I wanted to find out what I was having and swap out the picture again. So off Pete and I went with our girls to our secret appointment although we had to take my niece, Lexi, who is 10 months old. We looked so crazy. No this is not my 10 month old child. I would be crying if I was almost half way thru my pregnancy and had a 10 month old....
It was fun to see our little bean get so big and we discovered that we were having our THIRD little princess. Good. Much simpler. No need to get new clothes!
I slipped the picture in the infamous frame...
We didn't have to wait long again. A few hours later we were discovered and I went ahead and posted it on Facebook/Instagram.
So here we are. Half way. 20 weeks. It's looking like the due date will actually be Pete's birthday, November 18. That feels a long ways a way. I already feel huge. But it's been a good pregnancy. No true morning sickness. Small bouts of exhaustion. Nothing that has altered how we do things though. We just can't wait to meet her now! We will start doing more up to date belly pics though.


1 comments:
Oh my goodness!!! YAY!!! Another girl! How fun! I'm so excited for you guys! Can't wait for pics in November!
Post a Comment