Guest post by Mommy:
We decided to take Romney home at the end of her trip because we had got some bummer news about one of our favorite animals at Hogle Zoo. Big Guy the sea lion had passed away. We were quite sad so we decided to make a trip up to say good bye.
That's his buddy Maverick swimming behind us. Siena actually drew a picture of Big Guy and was able to give it to the trainer who worked with him. I should have gotten a picture of her giving him the picture but I got VERY emotional when trying to even tell him about the picture. And Siena and Cara were practically running away. I actually spent the next five minutes trying not to openly weep at the Rocky Shores exhibit. My sister in law Rachel and I were both very attached apparently to that delightfully graceful Big Guy.
These were taken on opening weekend of the Rocky Shores exhibit. That's how excited we were. We were THERE on opening weekend.
Big Guy, we will miss you!

0 comments:
Post a Comment