What did we do for Memorial Day Weekend? We went to Salt Lake City of course! We couldn't miss a big weekend. Aunt Rachel had a birthday and we just had to be there for cake! (Actually, I'm pretty sure that Cara and I didn't eat one bite of cake. It had coconut on it and we are kinda lame when it comes to new and interesting foods!)
We kept our weekend busy though! We squeezed every moment of play out of our cousins that we could.
We went to the zoo and saw the Animal Lego displays and ate popcorn!
We also got to hang out at Aunt Margaret's and play with our big girl cousins. We ate a yummy meal and played Apples to Apples. (Okay the grown ups with Chase and Romney played. Cara, Emma and I took turns coloring on Kate's legs.)
On Memorial Day itself, the temperature dropped almost 10 degrees but we decided to take advantage of our newly acquired Pass of All Passes and head to Seven Peaks Water Park. Initially both of us were really excited! (And so were our cousins!)
Cara went to play in the little kid area. And went down the slide.
Which ended with her back on the towels, crying because it was too cold!
Daddy and I were off playing on some bigger slides and deeper water. It was still cold, but not too bad.
We decided to go play in the Wave Pool....
Cara even broke out of her funk and played in the splashing waves at the edge.
But man! That water was cold in the wave pool. So we quickly left. Just in time for our cousins to join us!
Before we left, Mommy decided that I needed to take advantage of our tube and go on one of the bigger slides with her. I was very nervous.
But after heading down the first time, I wanted to keep going! (Despite the shivers!)
I made Daddy go with me after Mommy. Cara spent the rest of the day resting on the towels in the sun with whatever grown up was hanging out. We think we will go back when it's warmer and probably have more fun!
And before we could pull out of town, we went back to the zoo. Daddy didn't go before and we somehow didn't see a lot of animals! It was fun to be there right before closing even though most of the animals were dozing.


0 comments:
Post a Comment