Yes people, I, a UTE fan to the core even at my tender age, was star struck last night. I got to meet the man. The man who has really dreamy blue eyes according to my Mom. Last night, I met the Sacramento Kings #7....Jimmer Fridette. And his cute bouncy BYU cheerleader wife.
They came and supported the only 5k my Mommy ever runs. Chelsi's Run happened last night at 10 pm. We lined up at Grandma's church, I begrudgingly climbed in the stroller only after securing a promise that I could run across the finish line, and then we were off.
Actually we were there really early and had time to realize Jimmer was there and have Mommy teeter totter back and forth between going and asking for an autograph for a little boy in our ward or just leaving him alone. In the end, she got the autograph. And then in the very end, after we were all gross and sweaty and it was really dark...she even got a picture with the whole fam and Jimmer. (Dang night time photo quality on an Iphone!)
| Isn't Grandma so teeny?! |
Mommy and Daddy did pretty well as far as the running part was concerned. Even pushing us big girls, Daddy ran it in 25 minutes. And Mommy didn't hardly train and she and Aunt Becca did it in 28 minutes! Wahoo!
And Mommy loved that her friends came with their kiddos and ran with us. It was fun!

1 comments:
I know SO many people here who would be SO jealous!! Not me. I'm not big on basketball and I especially don't like the Sacramento Kings. Don't ask... the Sac mayor really made me hate them (and himself incidentally). Plus I heard that Jimmer said that he decided not to go on a mission because he could "do more good for the church" by being in pro sports. Which honestly, makes me want to slap his silly face around and tell him why he is DEAD wrong about that. What kind of an example has he now set for EVERY single young LDS man out there? Maybe I'm old fashioned but I believe that a mission trumps pro sports and playing on Sundays any day and that his career would have been way better off if he had taken the time to serve the Lord first (like that HUGE rugby star in Australia or New Zealand). Instead he's playing for a no-name, loser team that's never going anywhere. So I'm totally not impressed with him AT ALL. Sorry for hijacking your blog with my soap box. :$ I just couldn't help myself... I believe the last-trimester-pregnancy-say-it-like-you-think-it-edge has gotten to me....
Post a Comment