Seriously. My Mommy must have panicked because August is knocking on the door. The funny part is that no body in our family is in school. So August coming doesn't really matter. Although, I will be starting preschool! Maybe that's where it came from. Or maybe she just loves summer so much she never wants it to end!
Anyway, we took a little vacation up north this weekend and basically kamikazed it! From Thursday night to Monday....in a total of about 100 hours...we accomplished:
-road trip
-sleepover at grandparents house
-visited another state
-played outside on trampoline for almost 6 hours
-quick ride on a four wheeler thingie
-laid on a tramp and looked at the night sky
-camped out
-competed in a triathlon (okay just Daddy!)
-floated a canal on tubes with friends
-attended a backyard Crawdad Festival (only daddy partook!)
-slept over with cousins
-family reunion of sorts (we were missing a couple people)
-watched 12 hours of Olympics
-2 trips to the zoo
-played at a water park
-oh and celebrated a birthday!
We might be a little tired today. But we had a fabulous time. We headed up north to watch Daddy compete in the annual Spudman in Burley, Idaho. It's another Olympic Distance tri and he did FANTASTIC. We are so proud of him. Mommy hadn't even realized it was the Olympic distance because he was so calm about it! We enjoyed our evening in Idaho with Daddy's friends and my friends Ruby and John. We got to sleep outside in our new tent and played for hours with Ruby and John. I even loved floating the canal (although nobody had a waterproof camera so we have no photographic evidence!)
And then of course when we headed back to Salt Lake on Saturday afternoon we began the cousin mayhem. We love our Aunt Rachel's house and all her toys. (Mommy and Daddy said the arrival was only soured because they had obtained a GIANT rock chip that led to a three way crack and cost us a Disneyland Park Hopper ticket in the form of a new windshield!) We played and played and then after going to church on Sunday got to go to Aunt Margaret's house and find our cousins from Seattle there and ready to play! It was so good to see Aunt Whitley and Smith, Lainey, and Rosey! We missed Uncle Adam though.
Cara blew out some early birthday candles with Rosey since their birthdays are just three days apart! (Or rather Cara DIDN'T blow out the candles.)
Mommy was easily talked into staying one more night in SLC so that we could hit the zoo for the second time and then play at Seven Peaks in Provo. It was very much worth it. Cara and I both loved two of the water slides that you used a tube for!
What an amazing trip!
![]() |
| Zoo Highlights! |
Oh and I almost forgot! Mommy got to be in the bird show and have the raven named Jarro land on her arm and take money out of her hand! She loved it. She's always wanted to do it!
![]() |
| Idaho Highlights! |
![]() |
| He's AMAZING! |
| I was grumpy with Mom. I didn't want to go back to St. George! |




1 comments:
Oh you are so lucky you have such easy going kids! I could never do that much in one day with mine... not even if it was all fun stuff. Just a trip to the zoo and we're done for the day. Major melt-downs happen if I try to push any more in than that! My boys have lots of energy but it burns out quick and when it does, watch out! But really, I burn out pretty quick too so I guess they come by it honestly... LOL!
Post a Comment