Wednesday, July 25, 2012

A Fabulous 24th of July!

We had great 24th of July.  We were originally going to head back to Grandpa's favorite swimming hole in Zion, meeting the rest of the family there after they did a slot canyon, but we had to change plans quickly when a massive thunderstorm woke us all up at 7 am!  The original forecast didn't include thunderstorms all day but boy did it cloud burst on us!

With plans changed, we headed up to the Veyo pool instead.  We were so lucky going "up high in the mountains" (my own words) because it was sunny up there for a few hours.  I swam so well.  Mommy was so surprised.  I loved going into the deep end and jumping in with Mommy.  I can swim in water WAY over Mommy's head!  She loved it.  We also ate the yummy fried food and had fun with Aunt Angie.  We loved having her there.  Uncle CJ had played in the Utah State Amateur Golf Tournament over the weekend and placed SECOND.  We were so proud of him.



Oh yeah and the night before our neighborhood does a bike parade.  Last year I rode my little tricycle.  This year I actually rode my big girl bike, but I'm still a little unsteady so I certainly wasn't the fastest but I still had a GREAT time!



We also got together for more firework fun because Grandma and Grandpa were actually in town and I like fireworks this year.  Grandpa lit of smoke bombs for us during the daylight hours again.  Lots of fun!




Grandpa had made a request for no boring fireworks this year and we did not disappoint.  Of course it ended having more to do with our aerial fireworks malfunctioning than how awesome they were to begin with.  Our first aerial firework to be lit off, malfunctioned on one of its little balls and shot it sideways into the neighbors closed garage door.  It bounced and exploded on the street.  Kind of shook us all up.  We still chose to light another one however....moving into the middle of the street where another road t stop into it.  It shot off it's first 5 beautifully...and then it tipped.....and fired out 6 different shots under our cars, into our house, into a different neighbors house, and yet another neighbor's house completely across the street.  It was SCARY!! And to make it worse, one of the neighbor's had come out to complain about the noise and was almost pelted with the exploding ball.  All in all, we were all adrenaline rushed.  AND WE STILL HAD TWO AERIAL FIREWORKS TO SHOOT.  We ended up driving up to the high school parking lot and had a wonderful finale with no problems.  What a great  24th!

1 comments:

Jen said...

Fun! We had those same thunder storms in the middle of the night! It kept Jeff and I up for hours trying to force ourselves to sleep when we really just wanted to watch! It's so neat that Siena can swim! We haven't managed to get to a pool enough to teach Jonathan... we really need to do that before summer is over!