Guest post by Mommy:
As we come to the end of the first 3 months of this year, I thought it might be good to check in with our New Year's Resolutions that we publicly set on the blog.
Daddy (Travel 5,000 miles by bike, water, or running): He has not specified to me how many miles he has traveled of his own power but I think he's right on track seeing as he is on a bike ride at this very minute with friends and will be doing a century ride in the middle of April. Maybe when he gets back I'll get a number from him.
Mommy (5,000 squats): Apparently, I grossly underestimated the number of squats I do when I teach my strength class! I am just 50 squats shy of my goal already! Isn't that a bit ridiculous! And I don't count lunges. Too bad my legs aren't reflecting all 4,950 squats. Actually that's not true, I have recently discovered that I am a much faster sprinter because of the new found strength in my legs. With all that being said, I obviously need to raise my bar. So the new goal is do to 20,000 squats by the end of the year. Attainable I think!
Siena (Write upper and lower case letters of whole alphabet): She's doing pretty well on her letters but we don't have her in any formal preschool right now and Mommy's talent was definitely not geared toward early childhood education! However, she has been begging every night for her Daddy to teach her how to read. They work on little words in her books but more often than not she wants to just run on ahead and guess what the words MUST say because of the picture. This is the first time though that I have heard her consistently say the sounds of letters and try and put them together!
Cara (Potty trained): This is just a joke. She has peed and pooped on the potty for me now at least twice in each category and once she actually pooped of her own volition on the potty and I had no idea that she didn't have a diaper on. That was a good day. I think it was the night Hunger Games came out! But she is still quite far from being motivated to really figure it out. We have lots of peed in pull ups and underwear and puddles in shoes so I'm trying to let her lead but I'm getting baby hungry and I won't get pregnant until that little girl is 99% accident free (I can't wait for 100% because heck sometimes I get a little too excited and find that I have to run for it!)
So there you have it. We are trucking along. The days are filled with sunshine and warmth and I'm finding it harder and harder to get dressed in more than a swimsuit or work out gear (and it's not even APRIL...I'm in big trouble over the summer....) I hope this post finds all of my friends in similar ordinary but happy circumstances!
Our Dancing Queen
2 months ago

1 comments:
Good luck on potty training! We're working on Benjamin and I've just been way lazy. Not good since I've got 6 months to get him done before the new one shows up!
Post a Comment