Guest post by Mommy:
Happy St. Patrick's Day. I love this holiday because everything is green which is my favorite color. Everyone wears green, all the decorations are green and it means that warmer weather is on the horizon. (I am defining warmer weather as 80 degrees!)
On this particular St. Patty's day, I find myself in a contemplative mood. I feel I have bitten off more than I can chew in several projects. Well I guess not really. Only one project has a bite out of it and the others are all jumbled in my head making it difficult to have restful sleep.
I am currently trying to learn two new releases for both of my Group Exercise classes. That means learning choreographed moves to 10 songs for each class. (Not dancy. Very tough moves. Especially in lifting. We don't dance. :) ) Okay so I guess that's a big bite but I've done it before and really I just need to buckle down to be ready by Apr 2nd!
The real big project that I've taken a bite into is this:
Which currently is making my garage look like this:
And needs to go here:
That's right. We bought the monster play set at Costco. It was reduced $200 and I had long thought about buying it. And now we want to turn that empty looking side yard into a kid paradise. Drop our tramp in the ground. Put some fruit trees in. And have this magnificent playground. The reality is we need help . The yard is completely unlandscaped and Pete and I kind of don't have the right skill set which means I'll be plunking down more money. But who knew that people wouldn't be willing to return your phone call for estimates that day or maybe even the next day? I was so gung ho on the Thursday I bought this. I wanted the work on the yard started that next Monday. Here I am a week later with not even a phone cal back yet. I am hoping it means all estimators were on spring break. Otherwise I guess I'll be asking the scouts to dig a very big hole! And probably emailing a few landscapers with some choice words about how they practice business!
Our Dancing Queen
2 months ago

1 comments:
Good luck with the backyard! I guess if worst comes to worst, you can get advice from a nursery about placement of the fruit trees and you can lay sod. My sister-in-law has a big playset like that in her backyard and they built a big "sandbox" in the back to put it in and then put the grass up to it. I can send you pictures if you want ideas. Good thing for brothers who live close, huh? I know the feeling of biting off more than you can chew. I've done that a lot lately I think. I totally planned to do a monster spring cleaning project and get my house totally clutter free by Easter. I haven't even started! I think I'm expecting too much from myself but I'm still disappointed that I'm not making any progress!
Post a Comment