Guest post by Mommy:
I was introduced recently to a new way of living by my amazing sister in laws. I actually think Margaret told us about this method and the book a few years ago but it was tried and didn't really stick. I don't remember even trying it. I certainly didn't read the book anyway! Just before Christmas though, Rachel happened to have in her possession the new edition of this book:
"Curly Girl" by Lorraine Massey.
And she said she was going to dive into it and even buy the products. I am talking about hair, people. Curly hair. My in laws also have wonderful curly hair on their side. I so wish I had a picture of Pete in high school scanned on my computer. His curly hair was impressive. Anyway, I digress. Rachel was going gung ho and I had a few minutes to myself at her house and started reading. I had straightened my hair for this quicky trip up north and was instantly shamed for doing so in the book. Now I don't think I should have felt shamed but I did. And so I decided to embrace my Curly Girl and go for broke. Okay maybe not broke...I didn't buy the products because they are a bit expensive but I decided to not straighten my hair again and use the other methods for doing/taking care of my hair.
And I have LOVED it. I find it kind of freeing. Besides, Becca and Eric are well known and loved for their fantastic curly locks. I wanted in on that. It makes us unique. If you really start looking around, the curly people are out numbered. Or actually more truthfully, according to Ms. Massey, we appear outnumbered because nobody knows how to love and care for their hair properly.
I still have trouble spots on the top of my head with hair that wants to be straight but it's not like my straight hair didn't have it's issues.
Anyway, it's been 2 months of curly hair and it was time to document it! So this last visit up to see my ladies, I made sure we got a picture! I just love these fellow curly girls, even if I am envious of Rachel's gorgeous ringlets.

Our Dancing Queen
2 months ago

1 comments:
You be jealous of my ringlets and I'll be jealous of your lack of double chin and love handles, okay?
Post a Comment