Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Miracles

Guest Post by Mommy:
As I type, a Budget truck full of all our "junk" (seriously why do we have so much stuff and how come I can't manage to get rid of ANY OF IT???), sits in our snowy driveway. The house is a war zone and no..all of it is not packed. The bathroom is seriously impossible to pack and so is your own bedroom. Specifically if you are putting most of it in storage and are trying to determine what will do well in storage, what you need for the time being, and what you'll miss if you don't have it. Anyway, I really wanted to do a guest post to talk about miracles. We have had several minor miracles in just the last two days.

First, I reserved our Budget truck online. I selected a pick up point in Murray and had it all figured out. I got confirmation email on Friday an don Monday Pete and his dad headed to pick it up. (Small side note, Pete's mom hung out with my two girls from 8:30 to 5:30 on Monday. THANK YOU! I got so much done and couldn't have without her help!) I got a call from Pete that the Murray place doesn't exist. It was shut down. Luckily, I had printed out our confirmation for Pete and he was able to call Budget. They hadn't been at that location for months. They didn't have us down anywhere in their computer. I know what you are thinking. How is this a miracle? Well because of such a huge error, they are giving us an extra day with truck. Again you might think...so what? Well I don't know if you've been outside today, but there is a nice winter storm taking over the I-15 corridor. We would have been forced to travel in this weather. Not anymore! Miracle #1

Second, due to time constraints at work Pete wasn't able to head down to our storage unit and load up on Monday. So his dad came over on Tuesday morning and they went to the unit and loaded everything up and cleared it out. Took the lock and all. They pulled out of there at about 9:30 a.m. By 12:30 p.m., the section of storage units directly in front of ours went up in flames. Total losses. Four firetrucks, news crews, and other miscellaneous vehicles made it impossible to get in and out of there even if we had wanted to. I don't think that our unit would have had any damage even if our stuff was still inside, but we wouldn't have been able to get to it to even pack it up! Miracle #2.

Isn't that incredible? Now there are lots of other reasons for me to be stressed, but it's nice to note those small things!

And of course we had another Romney miracle in that we had another impromptu gathering! Rachel had bought the three girls matching outfits and thought that they would grow out of them before they were all together again. Not so. Of course infants are not known for their posing abilities...

They liked to form touching chains.

And they have three big sisters....again somehow we could not get them to pose! Imagine that.

And three little maids are we..."milk" maids that is. Whitley is cheating and giving Rosey a bottle!

0 comments: