Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Upping the ante!

So Mommy has a few goals for June. It's going to be a big month for me. We're going to work on keeping me in MY room all night....mommy and daddy will still come lie in my bed with me to help me calm down even if it is 3 am. July will be about just getting me to not wake up once during the night. (If we don't get that done by July I might be waking the baby up which my grandma will tell you is only fair because she was worried about that with my mommy!)

And our second goal is to really step up the potty training. I seem to know when I need to go, but if I'm wearing a diaper or pull ups...I just don't care. If I'm naked, I act kind of funny or stick towels between my legs before promptly peeing on the floor. So for the month of June I'm going to start wearing big girl panties! We went and bought some today. I have some Tinker Bell and then some boys underwear because apparently only little boys are in to Toy Story, Nemo, Wall-E, and the Incredibles. (HELLO! Unfair.) The lady at the checkout stand thought Mommy had a little boy at home and was completely confused at why I would want to wear boy underwear...as if I even know the difference!

I did seem very excited by my underwear, I carried around the Tinker Bell underwear all through 3 stores! And then when we got home, I insisted on putting on all 10 pairs.




That's where the easy part stops. Mommy left me in my Nemo underwear all through my nap and even for several hours after and I didn't pee at all! She let me go naked for a little while and I still didn't pee. I sat on the potty probably 6 different times. No pee. Finally in a moment of desperation, I cried out as I let the pee escape all over the floor, minutes after getting off the potty. Turns out, I don't want to pee unless I'm wearing a diaper. This could be a long month for Mommy and Daddy and the floors in the house.

2 comments:

Larsen's in Wyoming said...

Potty training is no fun! If she wears all 10 pair at the same time, it will be like a diaper. If you accomplish both goals, you'll have it made(until the new baby comes and you have to start all over again!).

Jen said...

Good luck with all that! I'll email you our potty ideas... After much trial and error, I figured out how to reduce the number of times I had to slip in puddles of pee!