Thursday, May 28, 2009

Graduation!

We apologize that it has been so long between posts. And unfortunately we don't even have our super cute photos to make up for it. They are all in St. George on Grandma and Grandpa's camera. We'll try and get them so you can see how much fun I had on our vacation.

That's right, I went on vacation to St. George. We got to stay a whole week. Uncle Marty graduated from Desert HIlls High School. He was actually part of the first graduating class because it was a brand new high school. He was the "Original Thunder" as their student body president put it. It made it so that the whole ceremony thing wasn't too boring for me. Only 100 graduating students...we were done in just over an hour. It was great. And everyone was so proud of Uncle Marty. He even got quoted in the local newspaper!

We stayed a whole week because Grandma went on the Graduation Trip as a chaperone so she was gone for the weekend and she wanted time with me. (Who wouldn't, right?) Grandma stayed up all night at Disneyland with a bunch of 18 year old graduates. Crazy lady. I was happy to see her when she came back though. Mommy was relieved to find out that I switched personalities since moving out of Grandma's house. I was happy to see EVERYONE. Including Uncle Marty and Grandpa. I even let both of them hold me....with my mom out of the room. We have photographic evidence in case it was a momentary change in personality. I was a perfect angel and was sociable and nice!

One of the big bonuses of the week was that I got to meet my second cousin, Parker. His mommy is my mommy's cousin, Trisha. We are only 8 weeks apart in age (and mommy and Trisha are only 8 weeks apart too!) He came to visit with his Grandma and Grandpa..boy are they brave. He's from Florida and they took him to the West Coast for almost 3 whole weeks without his mommy! He is even more sociable than me which is maybe why I stepped it up a notch.

We had a great time in the St. George heat. Grandpa took us out on the boat twice and I swam every day with the exception of Sunday and I got to play with doggies galore and jump on the tramp and hang out with my aunts and uncles. SO MUCH FUN. Mommy and I didn't want to leave. I'm sure Daddy would have stayed too but let's face it...he likes the mountains more than mommy.

Hopefully we'll have pictures to show soon!

0 comments: