Thursday, August 13, 2015

The First Day of School

Another post by Mom:

This was a big day for us. Both Cara and Siena got to start school on the same day! That hasn't actually happened yet. We were lucky that our school decided to start kindergarten on the same day as everybody else.




 

We made our way up to Panorama and I discovered that it was much harder to drop TWO kids off to their first day of school. I made the mistake of trying to get into Siena's class first from the outside. It was a no go and then suddenly I just didn't have time!


So here is a picture of Siena lined up with her backpack...ha!


I was much more successful inside Cara's classroom. We got a few pictures!


This is her teacher Miss Trammel!


As I went to leave, Cara started tearing up which made me tear up and then we were both full blown crying. I told her that I was going to sneak over to Siena's classroom and come right back. FAIL! I didn't make it before they started bell work so this is the only picture I got..Siena's back is to me and she is hunched over.


I went back to Cara's class and discovered this was a mistake. She had been fine and then because I showed back up we basically started the good bye process over and we were both crying again. Her teacher was trying to take this darling photo of her and her smile is so forced and sad and painful. I just know she will be all smiles when I pick her up, but my heart was so sad. I love my tender little Cara. 

0 comments: