This last Sunday was pretty special and I'm sure that anyone reading our blog had to know that. We got to witness a solar eclipse. Mommy and Daddy started trying to tell me about it early that day describing a special event with a ring of fire! Well after church, I started panicking. I didn't want it to get dark or see the "tentacles of the ring of fire". I mean I was really upset and trying to bargain my way out. "No the eclipse is tomorrow." Luckily, we figured it all out and I participated in the viewing. We had so much fun with it at Grandma's.
Mommy pulled out of her memory the way she viewed the last solar eclipse that was visible in the US back from FOURTH GRADE. You put a pin hole in a paper plate and hold another one below it. It turned out to be LOTS OF FUN. We took turns it putting it on our backs and even made Aunt Becca look like she had a tattoo!
We were lucky enough to be close to the perfect viewing spot (okay like 65 miles away) but our ring of fire was complete and just a hair off center. It was very neat to feel the temperature drop significantly and the light to get all dusky.
In fact, Mommy said because we were all gathering outside to witness this phenomenon, she felt like they were in some movie and we were all awaiting the end of the world or something. It almost started to feel too real when we noticed that all our shadows were off. Our fingers looked like they had claws and then webbed fingers and fuzzy outlines and then different numbers of fingers. Actually if you look at the pictures, people who would have driven by might have thought we were off our ROCKERS!



0 comments:
Post a Comment