Monday, July 25, 2011

24th Goings on...

Well yesterday was Utah's big state holiday but since it was a Sunday there sure was a lot of celebrating going on today instead. However, yesterday we celebrated Cara's birthday a week early! Mommy even made a cake.


Editor's Note by Mommy: This is the first birthday cake I have ever made for my girls...and it's for Cara's 2nd! We always had other things going on that warranted a huge Costco cake. I tried making a birthday cake for one of my Young Women and it was what I would call a disaster. Yummy but disastrous. I modified the recipe slightly and got this wonderful cake. I don't do homemaking. Seriously. So please keep in mind that even though it looks like a CareBear cake (not my intention) this is a HUGE achievement for me and took me more time than I normally spend on anything!

Grandpa has all the pictures of Cara opening her presents but Mommy was busy doing other stuff on the computer and didn't have the patience to upload them while we were there YESTERDAY. Anyway, she fell asleep on the ride over to Grandma's house and so Sleeping Beauty took forever to awake and when she did she was a little groggy and didn't really get in to the present opening. It took her until her LAST present to kind of understand. And let's not talk about trying to get her to blow out her candle. Maybe we'll try again on her ACTUAL birthday. (Sure hope I get to celebrate MY birthday twice.)



This is a portrait I did of Cara at preschool...I think I gave her too much hair.


I think the favorite present (and I voted on this too) has to be the book Pete the Cat, I Love My White Shoes. I have it memorized and Cara almost does. The best part is that you can LISTEN to it on the internet and hear the song. We have read it 50 times since we got it!

Anyway...today we had a lot of fun too! We got to be in our first ever BIKE PARADE! Our neighborhood organized it and Mommy didn't have any streamers but I still rode my little tricycle with all the kids anyway. Cara wanted to join in too but wasn't happy to just walk so Daddy ended up being in the parade as well! Then we enjoyed yummy watermelon and popsicles.







(Can you tell it was a little HOT?!)


This is my "boyfriend" Matt. Mommy used to keep hearing about how I would kiss him during primary. We just kept riding in circles and shamelessly flirting in front of our parents.


I finally let Cara try to ride. Her legs are still just a little too short.

1 comments:

KelliAnn Christensen said...

I know this won't surprise you or anything what with all the eerie similarities between our girls and all, but we, too, have the brown flouncy skirts with the pink thread from Target. Lainee is wearing hers right now, in fact. Also, post the recipe for the cake; I am curious. :)