Sunday, June 19, 2011

Uh..the zoo of course!

Mommy Disclaimer: Sorry. There are a LOT of pictures. I have trouble picking just one or two. And this is my virtual scrapbook so you all kind of have to suffer through my lack of decision making skills. (You'll notice I am now cheating and using mosaics a lot to get away with lots of pics.)

First we need to post some pictures from our freezing cold trip to the zoo over Memorial Day weekend. It's been almost a month...I think it's time.



In that wonderful collage are images of our first bird show of the year, riding the train AND the carousel, and lots of silly fun.

And now on to this week's trip to the zoo. And I'm not kidding either. Mommy and Daddy decided that we should all go up north this weekend while Daddy ran in the Ragnar Relay Series...The Wasatch Back edition. That meant Daddy did lots of running despite being quite sick for the last week and we did lots of playing. Mommy took us to the zoo twice and also took us to the mall where she bought very cute things for us. I think she meant to go there for her...it's easier and more fun to shop for us I guess!

Anyway, this awesome zoo collage has bird show moments (we went twice!) and our pink tongues from cotton candy and the howler monkeys that honestly started howling so loud I ran out of their building and wouldn't go back in the next day.



We of course spent time with Aunt Rachel and Romney and Chase and Emma and Uncle Troy and...oh wait that's it. Here we are in new swimsuits (it was barely warm enough for us to feel like it was summer up there.) We enjoyed playing in their backyard, eating yummy food from the grill and walking to get frozen yogurt which then necessitated a bath for all the giriles. It was a GREAT evening.



One of our favorite parts though was our impromptu visit to Double Grandma and Grandpa's house in Midway. Daddy's race was finishing in Park City so Mommy decided to surprise them and spend the afternoon up there. Well she was the one in for a surprise. Her three uncles were there with their families and they were having a Father's Day barbecue complete with Dutch Oven Potatoes. Plus there were FIFTEEN new puppies. Two momma dogs who had their babies two weeks apart. We loved cuddling them and playing with them. We also loved playing with cousins. I loved seeing Savannah again after going camping with her. And Cara loved playing with Els. Mommy even played in a piano recital put on by Isaac since she was one of the grand kids!

















2 comments:

Adam said...

What kind of puppies are those? And are they for sale? I'm dead serious.

Sheri said...

They are kind of mutts I guess. They have border collie for sure because their Grandma was a border collie and their Dad might be a lab? And yup they are all up for grabs...at most maybe $25. Since I'm family I bet I can just snag one...:)