Guest post from Mom:
For the sake of all, I will do several posts probably one for every day because it will be heavy on the photos (and we know that I love to post photos)! We had so much fun. I went with my two sisters, Becca and Angie, and my mom to Disney World in Orlando, Florida. We had five days of playing to do with just the four of us. The other three had been there four years ago as a treat from my Grandpa but I had just moved to California and couldn't come. They were excited to show a Disneyland junkie what a real amusement park was like.
We started off Wednesday the 16th with a flight leaving Vegas at 10:00 p.m. We caught the red eye so that we didn't have to waste an entire day with traveling. This of course left us a little bleary for the day. We got to our hotel, The Caribbean Beach Resort, at 6:30 a.m. and unbelievably they had a room ready for us. We weren't anticipating this and had left our luggage at the airport to be delivered. We did however have swim suits in our carry on because one of the water parks opened early at 8 a.m. for "select resort guests". So at 7:30 a.m. we boarded what would be one of many more buses to come and headed for Typhoon Lagoon.
Typhoon Lagoon has what is called The Crushin' Gusher which is a roller coaster water slide. You sit on tubes and it actually sends you up and down. Very very fun and that early in the morning it came with no wait. Plus in Orlando it was warm enough and the water temperature just right so we weren't freezing. I also did my very first "straight" water slide. You know the kind that you have to cross your arms and ankles and not flail them about at risk of breaking one of them? I've always been terrified but my sisters just walked me up and had me do it. I pretended it was no big deal but I was freaking out and let me tell you my swim suit went places that I didn't think was possible. Still fun though!
Everyone was pretty bleary eyed after that and so we went back to the hotel room to change clothes and head for the first amusement park of the four that Disney World offers. It was the Animal Kingdom. We headed in got our "fast passes" for the roller coaster "Everest" and had about 3 hours to kill before they were good and so we headed to the other ride called "Dinosaur." For anyone who has done Indiana Jones at Disneyland, it's the same ride just prehistoric and you're trying to find a dinosaur. Very loud and pretty scary. That's us on the back row. Not an awesome picture but since it is a photo of a photo..what are you gonna do?
That ride was the best because the line for it was indoors with air conditioning. We lasted like 20 minutes in our real clothes in that Orlando humidity. (Can you say pit stains?) We came out from that ride unfortunately to find that it was pouring rain and I really mean pouring. Soaked through my shoes and I was so bitterly disappointed. Our "Everest" ride had closed down and I didn't even feel like I was in Disney World. We headed back to the hotel from some much needed naps. I could only sleep for about thirty minutes but everyone else really zonked out. Luckily, my mom was willing to head to the Magic Kingdom (just like Disneyland) with me that night and my spirits really picked up. I finally felt like I was where dreams come true. I missed my little girls and hubby terribly but man, it was much needed girl time.
Okay so after that really long entry, I'm thinking I will try to condense days two through five so that you don't have to sit through pain staking recounts of my awesome vacation just because I never learned how to tell a short story!

1 comments:
I'm glad you're telling it the long way, because I'm going on an imagination vacation with you! Oh, and by the way, I really feel bad for your poor ugly Larsen girls. Holy Smokies, ladies!
Post a Comment