Alrighty then. So Day Three which was Saturday started later than any other morning because of the fact that we were out so dang late the night before. Even I consented to missing the Extra Magic Hour at Animal Kingdom for a little shut eye. (On a side note, we were blasted awake by housekeeping repeatedly knocking loudly at 9:00 a.m....whose housekeeping gets started that early?!) We headed to the next water park Blizzard Beach which boasts the number one water slide in the U.S...."The Summit Plummet". Blizzard Beach is set up like a ski resort that is melting. They even have a ski lift which stops for what seems like no reason. (We kept snickering that people would fall but it turns out it was for the wheelchair accessible chairs..whoops.) Anyway, it has a bunch of different kinds of water slides. "The Summit Plummet" is a straight drop measuring 120 feet. It looks like you're doing the ski jump but really it continues on below the jump. They even take your picture as you drop over the edge, but seeing as how it's Disney, I would have to pay like 14 bucks for my photos and I'm not sure it's worth it. Anyway, Angie and Becca had done it before and Mom and I headed up to do it with them. I didn't get nervous until the last flight of stairs and then I kind of wanted to vomit. But I did it. And I did it again the next day, but I will say it's not worth standing in the 45 minute line more than once. (We only waited that long the first day.) However, very cool and unique experience and I'm way excited to say that I went down the Summit Plummet. Ironically, not as big of a wedgie problem at the bottom of this slide. I must have been way more tense.
Later that day after a brief nap, we headed back to Hollywood Studios because of how in love we were with the Rock N Roll Coaster. Now keep in mind, that in the mornings you generally would feel like this because of the humidity.
We went in to the Rock N Roll Coaster this time and came out to find the gift shop absolutely packed. Mom figured out that it must be raining because people were coming in with speckles. It was dinner time and we were hungry and had just bought two delightful Disney ponchos. Mom and Angie had jackets so we thought...eh let's run through the little rainstorm and head to an eatery. Oh boy were we in for a treat! Lightening was striking in the park and we were sent running for our bus because we couldn't find an indoor place to eat. The rain was coming down in SHEETS.
Upon preparing to enter our room we discovered that Mom, Angie and I were SOAKED and Becca was essentially dry.
***I am trying desperately to upload videos of the massive rainstorm but we have faulty router that makes our lives a little miserable...I'll keep trying.***

0 comments:
Post a Comment