So Mommy broke down and did something really exciting. She signed ME up for gymnastics. A friend of hers told her about a class at the Fairmont Recreation Center in Sugar House for kids just my size. Her daughter, my friend Annabelle, was doing the class. We had already missed one and we were going to miss another so Mommy almost didn't sign up because the cost wasn't working out well. I'm so glad she changed her mind. We showed up for my first class and only one other girl was there. She seemed a lot bigger than me and could do more stuff but it was awesome. There are supposed to be 5 kids in the class and we basically got a private lesson! My teacher, Miss Jennifer, had us stretch and jump up and down. Then she took us in to a room that has a wide balance beam that was really close to the ground. She set up an obstacle course and didn't really expect me to be able to jump, but JUMP I DID! I also did an assisted hand stand and all kinds of fun stuff. Then we went back to the warm up room and she set up a different obstacle course. This time I started to learn how to do a somersault. (See above photo!) I think I'm gonna like this sport! I can't wait to go back.
Our Dancing Queen
2 months ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment