Monday, November 13, 2017

The Larsen Reunion

From Mom:

All of my posts are so back dated. I am not sure anyone even actually reads this blog anymore! I am much more up to date on social media and I feel like I turn these into one giant photo stream anyway, but I am NOT ready to give up!

In the middle of July, my dad's family had their reunion. My mom booked this fantastically large house at Bear Lake.


BUT FIRST! How could I forget? We went up to the Shakespearean Festival to enjoy the Green Show on a Saturday. Angie and her girls joined us. It ended up being slightly chaotic because we got in to town a little later than we intended and there was a festival going on in Cedar City that blocked off some of the streets. We even briefly tried to see my Grandma (we were actually aiming to surprise her!) who was in town for plays, but she got sick and was at her hotel which proved to be absolutely impossible to get to because of the festival! Oh well.



Shortly after this photo, I realized that Allie had fallen and cut her head open! It was this tiny puncture wound. Luckily it didn't need stitches, but it was close!

We snuck in and played on the Adam's Theater stage again. MEMORIES!


And before I can mention the reunion, I have to mention this other adorable thing. Siena had been in charge so much of the summer while I was at class or work that she taught herself how to make pancakes. As in, she text me "Don't be mad. I made pancakes." She looked the recipe up on Pinterest and proceeded to make them. The only thing that went wrong was that she didn't know about non stick spray.

The kitchen wasn't even that much of a disaster!


And lastly....I GOT A HAIRCUT, The stuff had to go.



Blurry photo, but it felt so good.


Okay now on to the reunion! Our reunion started on Saturday afternoon, Pete was supposed to be competing in the Toughman 70.3 race in Spanish Fork that morning so I took a slow morning at the zoo with the kids. We were then going to hop in the car, watch Pete finish, scoop him up and jet to Bear Lake. The morning went totally as planned for me. Including seeing Zuri the young elephant frolic in the water!




Siena participated in a show!


And we got free ice cream!


The morning did not go as swimmingly for Pete, 2/3 of the way through the 56 mile bike portion of his race, his tire EXPLODED and not just the tube. The actual rubber tire. Race over. Which ended up being okay because then he was very useful up at Bear Lake instead of being totally wasted!

The house in Bear Lake was beautiful. This was the indoor playroom.


This was our sleeping space...it had two sets of bunk beds plus a kind bed and two sofa sleepers. Angie and CJ slept in here with us. It would have been cool except for it was HOT. Like no AC hot. Which meant CJ slept out on a sofa downstairs and we slept fitfully with Allie and Sam keeping us up. Soooo not our best night.


We took the next morning to spend at the lake. The beach was rocky, but the kids seemed to love it.


My Uncle Nick brought kayaks which were a HIT.


And then I talked my mom in to renting one of these. So much fun.







We even got matching shirts. It was such a fun couple of nights. I love getting to play with my cousins.


0 comments: