Monday, November 13, 2017

Cara

From Mom:

Cara at eight is a glorious thing. She's an excellent reader. She's still my first to bed, first to rise. She sucks her thumb if she's tired or really zoned out. She loves clothes way more than Siena does. My mom calls her my little fashionista.

Exhibit one is when she pulled out the dress I gave her:


Cara cares so much about other people. Case in point, I just had parent teacher conferences for her (in November and her birthday is the last day in July but that's okay) and her teacher told me that Cara wants all her friends to be happy. In fact, one day Cara was near tears and told her teacher that "she just wants Chloe to be happy, but Chloe's not happy and I don't know what to do". Which leads me to her best friend at age eight. It happens to be Miss Chloe. Cara adores her and is always talking about her. If I was a better parent, I would actually have Chloe over for play dates, but I'm not home long enough! Thankfully, Chloe's mom is better at that than me and she makes it happen over at Chloe's house.

Cara got her very own set of scriptures for her birthday and she has taken great care of them. I don't think she was QUITE as excited about this present, but she still felt special.



Cara is still quick to cry if I express the slightest displeasure and I'm pretty sure she would be happy to never practice piano or cello again, but she does them with only a little prompting. She plays dolls and rides her bike and is just awesome. I'm sure there are a million other things I should say, but there are no words.


0 comments: