Sunday, September 10, 2017

Camping with Grandpa

Back in May....like the beginning of May...Cara and I went backpacking with Grandpa! 


This picture was of us before we headed out. Cara was extremely tearful before she left. She kept thinking about how much she would miss Mom and Dad. She cheered up before we even got down the road.




We, of course, had to have a fire.


The next morning we did a little hiking around before we headed back to the car.





I was feeling good on the hike out and got a head of Grandpa and Cara when I heard a rattle on the trail. There was a SNAKE right on the trail and it was huge. I RAN back to Grandpa as fast as I could. In fact, he said that he had never seen someone with a pack run that fast. It was a HUGE rattlesnake.


We were safe, but there were also cows on our trail. We didn't get pictures of those though! It was a great trip though.

0 comments: