Guest post by Mom:
One Thursday in March, the stars aligned and I was able to go do a canyon with my Dad and brother Marty and Marty's friend. Funny enough, this is the only canyon I have done in the last few years, but that's probably because it only takes about thirty minutes to get to it.
We can only do this canyon for a few weeks because the bottom of the canyon closes to protect wildlife.
It was a gorgeous day!
We were expecting a lot of water, but it had been warm for a week or more and had dried things up.
It was so much fun. Until the end. When the rope wouldn't come down. I was already pressed for time so it made it extra stressful. We had to do a lot of creative pulling and using all four of us to pull. Which was great. Until we ended up stepping in poop. Human poop. It smelled so bad, but we got the rope down!
My dad and brother are like twins. They had on matching shoes and matching glasses. Marty leaves for med school in July and I'm pretty sure my dad is going to be lonely.

0 comments:
Post a Comment