Thursday, October 20, 2016

Our Siena

Guest post by Mom:

Oh my. Siena is nine years old. Pretty soon this blog really will be hers and my guest posts will be legitimate. She would probably love it if I would turn it over to her already. Maybe I should let her try posting.

Picturing Siena at nine years old has always caused me just a little anxiety. You see, I don't really love girls from about nine years old until like maybe fifteen! I know that I was one, but I think that actually makes it worse. I know that they are silly and extremely impressionable from and emotional and just plain weird and slightly obnoxious. So I've kind of been worrying that I wouldn't enjoy this phase very much. Much to my surprise, I really like nine year old Siena. She is still all those things up above when she is with her friends, but when she is one on one with me I really really like her.

She is maturing and taking responsibility in fun ways. She thinks through things and tries, genuinely, to be a nice big sister. She loves school still. This was the first year that she has had some setbacks in math. She completely understands the topic, but she has had trouble slowing down and reading the FULL instructions on tests. There was a lot of estimating and she was just solving. We have also encountered this a little bit in spelling. She just wants to move so quickly that she makes silly mistakes. However, she rarely has homework because she is always trying to finish it at school.

Siena and I have been working on piano for almost two years, but maybe only 18 months pretty solidly. She is doing so great for having to deal with me as her piano teacher. She is just like me when I was her age. Always trying to get away with as little piano practice as possible. It's so convenient to have me teach her and Cara, but they don't get recitals and I'm sure we would make more progress, but for now it works.

About Siena:
Favorite Food: Pizza
Favorite Color: Purple (although she really loves all colors)
She wants to be a teacher when she grows up. (Or a famous performer!)
Favorite Movie: Zootopia (or Monster High anything or Ever After High or Studio C youtube)
Favorite Subject: Writing, maybe?
Best Friends: Carmendee, Jaylee, Amelia, Marissa
Favorite thing to do after school: Watch Youtube videos on the tablet (much to my dismay!)
Favorite Character: She LOVES Rey from Star Wars: Force Awakens

Here she is on her birthday morning! We gave her an Ever After High doll with a "room" and her Halloween costume.




Here is one of the examples of her growing up. She did Iva's hair for me one day. Complete with bows.



She also loves to hold and try and help with our new baby cousin, Logan. She's so gentle with him. She has such control!


And then this beauty. She has an old iPhone that uses wifi and her own Apple ID so that she can message me. I got this awesome text while I was at work one morning during fall break.

I just love her so much. She is truly a sweet person at her core.  We have always described her as tender hearted and it holds true. She is getting thicker skin which has been good for her, but she is always inclined to be nice which I couldn't ask for a better quality.

Love you, Siena!!!

0 comments: